About Mrs. Sheila McLeish:
Teaching has always been a part of me. I remember as a little girl playing school with my sisters. Then at age 10, I decided I was going to be a teacher just like my 4th grade teacher. In middle school and high school, I helped teachers every chance I got: correcting papers, filing papers, copying, even overseeing a few “Around the World” games. In college, I pursued an elementary education degree where I student taught in a 6th grade classroom. After college, I was a substitute for 2 years before taking a job at a learning center. Teaching 20 little 3 year olds can be challenging! Over many years, I had the opportunities to continue working with children as a mother to my own crew, a nanny for four different families, in church nursery as the nursery coordinator, and even working at a toy store finding the perfect toys for kids. Then 2 years ago, a position opened up to aide and be a substitute here at FBCS; the love for teaching was reignited.
Trivia about me:
- I heard, believed, and put my faith in Jesus Christ at age 9 after the salvation message was taught at a Bible camp I attended.
- I am married to the most wonderful man, Evan, going on 18 years.
- I have 3 amazing children: Tava, Bryna, and Rhys who all attend FBCS.
- I have lived in Minnesota my entire life and have so much more to explore. My favorite place to visit is Red Wing and hike Barn Bluff. They have a great doughnut shop there too!
- I love to travel! It helps that many of my friends have moved across the USA; it makes checking off states to visit a little easier. (Let’s see: Vermont, Texas, Wyoming, Colorado, and Florida. Next up, Pennsylvania and South Carolina!) The furthest I’ve travelled has been to Israel which was a remarkable adventure, and I can’t wait to talk about it as I teach Bible this year.
- I also enjoy games of all types and am known by students for my trivia questions. I enjoy the strategy games along with word games, but card games seem to be where I excel, (cribbage anyone?). Oh, and review games for tests; why, they are a must!
- And lastly, I am looking forward to a rewarding year, teaching your children. Sixth grade is a year of GROWTH in all areas: spiritual, academics, physical, and mental. Together, I am hoping we can GROW in GRACE, LOVE, and KINDNESS.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 763-417-8240
About Mrs. Cheyenne Cottrell:
I did not recognize God’s calling for me to be a teacher until I was a Spanish teacher to an amazing class of 3rd and 4th graders while a junior in High School. That same year, I dedicated my life to God, willingly allowing Him to direct my life’s path. He led me to Faith Baptist Bible College where I graduated with a Bible degree and an Elementary Education degree, with a middle school endorsement. After graduation, I taught 4th-8th grades at a small private school in Kansas City, Missouri where I had attended K-12th grade. After two years of teaching, God faithfully showed a new direction for me by opening up a new chapter here at Fourth Baptist. I look forward to teaching 6th grade where I hope to foster a Biblical worldview and passion for Christ in each of my students’ lives.
Email: email@example.com Phone: 763-417-8240